quarta-feira, 27 de junho de 2018

Portuguese made bathroom choices

This days I see some people looking for alternatives to plastic bottled shower gel, so I decided I should show what I use and why.
Again, this may not be the "perfect setup", but so far is where I am. Suggestions accepted.
In fact it may be easier to explain my "method" for choices:



Everything I try, I try to fit in this method.
Now about the bathroom products:
1) Bar soap - more than one year ago I ditched plastic bottled shower gel. First I tried those "supermarket brand" 3 bar soaps for 2 eur. The experience was bad, they would disappear in my hands and were oily. Later I read that "ordinary" bar soaps are mad with animal fat.
Then I tried Portuguese brands. As fair as I know there about 4 or them: Confiança, Ach Brito, Castelbel and Foz.
I started with Confiança, having the cheaper alternatives, from about 1eur a small/medium bar soap and 100% vegetal. I can recommend them and I find the size nice for taking on trips. Confiança also has limited edition and premium soaps which cost about 6-8eur pack of two rounded soaps which are very nice. The minus on this edition is that they come packed in a box+plastic wrap.

Then I tried Ach Brito soaps, again 100% vegetal, a size bigger than confiança, and with a price tag of about 2.5eur per bar soap. I find them also good quality, but at least in the super market there aren't many "flavours" available.



Again, the ones that I have tried said 100% vegetal on the paper wrapping.

About Foz soaps, I only found 100% vegetal glycerine type, and I wasn't keen on it. Used it for hand washing. Can't remember the price but they were cheap, something like 1.3eur per bar.
This brand also manufactures deodorant, the one in the picture. I find it very effective and it has very little plastic in the packaging (in order to reduce the plastic I am thinking of trying Alumen Rock deodorant).

Due to my "passion" for bar soaps I decided to try Castelbel bar soaps. In fact I guess I saw somewhere that Castelbel "slogan" was something like "We don't produce bar soaps, we produce gifts" and I can attest that. I guess they make my "consumism" side grow with their collections.
Their prices are high, from 6 to 12eur per bar soap, but their sizes are large and the fragrances are trully orgasmic.

Since I only use bar soap, no shampoo sometimes I am getting dandruff. I also had it in the past and some shampoos didn't work very well.
Thanks to my friend Carine from Minimal Impact I discovered that Apple Cider Vinegar could be used as a softner and dandruff preventer. I decided to choose the one from the Portuguese Brand Paladin. Unfortunately it comes with a plastic bottle.
One day per week I mix two soup spoons of this vinager with water in a cup and brush my hair with it. My hair is soft and without dandruff.
No worries about vinegar smell, after rinse the smell will disappear.

Finishing on toothpaste, I use the "old one" from Couto. This toothpaste can be found on pharmacies and cost about 1.8eur. I use it from my teenager days and never had problems with my teeth.
From what I've read it is made with vegetal only ingredients.And not tested in animals!
The bad part, the packaging that brings an unecessary manual (in my point of view).

Well this is my setup and hope to help you. Feel free to share what you use.

0 comentários:

Enviar um comentário